Wednesday 24 October 2018

Day Eight - End of First Week


I thought for the end of the first week, just seven days into my Challenge, it would be good to assess what foods I have left from my initial purchases.  This includes my 'Big Shop of £17.68 and the block of Trex I bought from my fridge on Day Four at the going rate of 85p.

A total spend up to date of £18.53.

The fridge is quite sparse as I ate the fresh things from there, or popped them into the freezer before my business trip.

But as you can see I have Flora spread, tomato ketchup, most of the Trex and most of my marmalade ... along with the jug of tap water.


The freezer is positively brimming with goodies.

I have 12 slices of my bread, 3 portions of homemade vegetable soup, 4 portions of pasta sauce, 1 little spinach cube, a bag of lemon slice halves, 3 x 50g tubs of grated cheese, 400g sliced peppers, a lemon juice cube and a portion of savoury pastry.


The cupboard is still looking good although there are obvious gaps with five of the cans of food gone.  But I still have:

500g Brown Rice
300g Spaghetti
400g Pasta Shapes
750g Porridge Oats
2 Jars of Pesto Sauce
1.3kg Self Raising Flour

1 Tin Tomatoes
3 Tins of Baked Beans
1 Tin of Sardines
450g Red Lentils
1 Tin of Peach Slices
1 Tin of Mandarin Pieces

Plus my store-cupboard starters of salt, pepper, oil, coffee etc.


I have 9 Potatoes in the potato bag in the cupboard.



And in the fridge drawer I have:

4 Carrots
1/2  Marrow
6.25 onions
1/2 Bunch of Celery


And yes ... I was photo-bombed for the fridge drawer photo 😃


😎



2 comments:

  1. You're doing great - that's a lot of food remaining, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised really. I guess as the next week ticks by supplies will start to dwindle a bit more. Pacing it out over the four weeks is the main challenge.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.