Sunday 25 November 2018

The New Challenge - Lose 14lbs in 7 Days Diet


Our new Challenge, and yes this time it is a joint effort as it was Alan's idea to do this, is the 'Lose 14lbs in 7 Day's diet, sometimes known as 'The Chemical Diet'.

It is a diet that I've learned through extensive internet research,  that is sometimes given to patients to do at home if they need to improve their health or reduce weight quickly before an operation.  With this in mind Alan checked it out with his Diabetes Nurse when he went to get the results of his last fasting blood test.  She was impressed with his new figures  and said this would be good to keep him on the right track reducing all his numbers.

So with a medical nod that it was okay to do, we set off.

The shopping was easy, the menu you see above is it ... The Diet.
 You do not deviate from what is allowed and you follow the instructions to the letter.


Unless you're me and you don't eat meat!!

So I found things as close to the original plan as I could possibly get and decided that I would eat fish, which is a pretty on and off thing for me at the moment, for the duration of the diet.


The mainstay of this diet seems to be grapefruit and eggs, I guess this is why it's called the chemical diet.  All that protein and citrus in your system must have some effect.

The healthy aspect of it I think, is that you are most definitely getting more than your five a day, every single day which can't be a bad thing.  There's no snacking between meals and there are lots of fluids.  I'm lucky that I already drink my coffee black ... Alan likes milk in both coffee and tea, so he's not looking forward to that aspect of the diet

Well time to get cracking then, first stop the bathroom scales.

Gulp!!


I'll be back each day with our foods and thoughts.


👫


22 comments:

  1. < jaw drops in amazement >
    I'll be VERY interested in how this all goes - the very best of luck with it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Yes it is drastic, but it doesn't appear a starvation diet (it is real food and not just shakes or bars) and I should think is doable, if difficult, for the stated 7 days. I'm interested, but husband and I couldn't do it as stated - he's not allowed grapefruit as he's on statins, and I have a citrus allergy. I wonder if other fruits could be substituted? Good luck with it, Sue and Alan, I know you said you've already been on it a couple of days and as you've published this today, I'm guessing you're managing ok. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's going well. I'll be interested to see how you get on. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All will be revealed over the next seven days ☺

      Delete
  4. Good luck with it, seems achievable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the diet. It looks tough, but doable for a week. I imagine you will be hungry or craving something at times, maybe hot tea between meals would help. Plus give yourself some other treats (non-food, obviously) like music or a warm bath or a good book. It has to help that you are both doing it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copious coffees have been my lifesaver, I don't like any sort if tea!

      We are doing it together, but as things turned out in different countries 🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
    2. Well, different countries may be best right now.... at least you can't kill each other before it's over! :-D

      Delete
    3. Haha ... you could be right!!

      Delete
  6. I know I certainly couldn't keep to this, there's no cheese allowed! I don't eat meat either so could manage perfectly well with fish but going without dairy and my morning cereal would be too difficult. G can't eat grapefruit because of his tablets so he would be a non-starter too. Good luck with the challenge Sue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PP.

      No dairy is the easiest part for me ... I'm dairy intolerant so don't touch it anyway ☺

      Delete
  7. Good luck to you both with your new challenge, looking forward to further posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue. I just recently found you on your last challenge. I then read it all backwards from the last day to the first day. I know! I should have started at the beginning. I found it really interesting and well done, by the way, for completing it. I felt that as I was late to the party it didn't seem like the moment to comment so I thought I would comment here instead. I will be following along with this challenge too, that is reading it, not doing it myself. You must be very desciplined. I will be interested to see if you both keep up and what the results are. Well done for taking up the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it make sense backwards ... 😆

      Thank you for reading along. Never worry about leaving 'late' comments, although they come through for moderation before being published it's nice to have the comments on the post or particular Challenge they relate to. ☺

      But it's just nice to hear from you ☺

      Delete
  9. Wow, this looks like it could be pretty tough! DH and I couldn't do it because of the grapefruit-not that DH would even consider it!! Good luck with it, it will be interesting to see the final results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people are on statins these days, it's not a good thing when you realise how they work and how they affect the body ☹

      I think the weigh in at the end is the only thing that is going to keep me on track!!

      Delete
  10. Blimey! I'd die of starvation!
    Good luck with all those boiled eggs - don't get eggbound!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.