Monday 20 July 2020

The Ration Challenge 2020


In June of last year I used this blog to chart my progress and raise funds while I did the Ration Challenge.  Raising vital funds for food parcels Syrian refugees.  I managed a brilliant total, with your help of over £780.  And in total Concern Worldwide raised over a million pounds.

It's happening later this year 13th - 19th September ... due to Covid-19, but because of Covid-19 it's even more important that they raise much needed funds.  The camps are struggling, from what I've read really struggling to keep everyone healthy and well fed.  I received an email a few weeks ago asking if I would take part again and although I saved it I haven't signed up yet.


I don't know what to do, would there be the enough available money from family, friends and blog readers for some sponsorship this year to make doing this Challenge a worthy and follow-able Challenge for my blog?   Could we between us help Concern Worldwide gain more publicity and raise the much needed funds they need?


Would you be interested in an  'action replay'  of last years Challenge?  

With limited ingredients there's not much I could do differently if I wanted to eat all week.  I could maybe  go for the sardines this time as I have been occasionally eating fish ... but that would be the ONLY difference.

It's a dilemma,  so I'm leaving it up to you.

If my readers say do it ... I will do it.

OVER TO YOU


Sue xx

📦

13 comments:

  1. I would be glad and privileged to sponsor you when the time comes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if you took the Ration Challenge again, as I've signed up despite similar hesitations about asking people for money again in these tough times. Figure even if Concern Worldwide only get my donation, it will help a little. Good luck whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of what I was thinking. I thought if I blogged about it again though it might be a bit repetitive, although saying that I do seem to have quite a few new readers who perhaps haven't read back through the archives. If I only make £100 it's £100 more than nothing ... and every little helps doesn't it.

      Thanks and good luck to you too.

      Delete
  3. If you go for it I'll be happy to chip in, it's for a good cause

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's your decision Sue, but I'll be happy to read (and to sponsor) if you decide to go ahead. Oh, and thank you for your comment, it's much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is now made up, thanks for the encouragement 😃

      No problem, I don't like to hear that things are so tough for you at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  5. Count me in for a donation,Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might go against the grain but I have to be honest. I didn't follow your food challenge before, and I already have my favourite charities I support. I tend to stick with the same ones. If you enjoyed the challenge and it didn't become laborious you could do it again. If it became a slog maybe not this time. Don't feel you have to because others others are pledging support, it has to be your decision. Maybe just make a donation yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bit the bullet and signed up. 😃 Although it was a bit difficult last year I did manage to raise a significant amount of money for a very good cause, so even if I only raise a fraction of that this time I thought it was worth doing.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.