Tuesday 13 November 2018

Day Twenty Two - Bits and Bobs Soup


With my final week of this Challenge looming I decided to pull out some of the bits and bobs from the fridge and freezer to use them up and get myself some more 'ready meals' available.

So the spinach stalks, the potato and carrot peelings along with the baby leeks from last weeks 'three from home' all got chucked into my pan along with a litre of Universal Seasoning stock and was left to putter away in the bottom oven of the Aga for an hour or so.  It may have been longer ... I forgot to set the timer!!


It didn't look brilliant as it started cooking.


But the resulting three servings of Bits and Bobs Soup once whizzed up looked and tasted delicious.  That seasoning is very good, perhaps a little salty, but I didn't need to add any other flavourings to this soup.


In other news ... Alan was short of an apple to make some Waldorf Salad with, so I swapped him one of mine for a small half of red onion and the promise of a pinch of chilli flakes.

I like this bartering lark  :-)



😎


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.