Friday 24 April 2020

Crazy Days Challenge - Day 30 ... I had to go and check - Circles and Blobs


Remember this photo?

The cut out circles of puff pastry used for pie tops.  After cutting them out I rolled the holey pastry back up just as it was, slid it back into the box and put it back into the fridge.

I knew I would use it for something else, I just didn't know what.


Then the other day I had some leftover mash that really needed using up.

Ironic considering I have just treated myself to some new large cutters with my birthday money but I decided in the interests of economy to simply ball up the pastry and roll it out to a 'shape' and use every last little bit to make a giant pasty/pie thing.

So I added some sliced red onion, some grated cheese and some red onion chutney to the mashed potato and made a blob in the bottom of one of my cereal bowls.  I then rolled out the pastry so that it would be able to wrap completely around my blob ... and tipped it into the middle of my pastry.


And it worked a treat ... but it was HUGE!!


Alan said ... "you need to show the scale of this thing!!."  

So I put my large knife and fork next to it, and it's on one of our larger plates.  The cup has a small amount of made up Bisto gravy ready for drenching, not the dregs of my coffee 😄

It was tasty, perhaps a little bit too sweet for me with the added chutney.  I'll miss that out if I make this again.  But the pastry was a lovely cross between puff and shortcrust, because it had been balled and then rolled out again.

Nothing wasted and a full tummy gained, can't be bad.


Sue xx



4 comments:

  1. Anything contained within pastry is delicious ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pastry person. I love pies. Not good for diets but so needed every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things in pastry = ultimate comfort food 😄

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.