Monday 20 April 2020

Crazy Days Challenge - Day 26 - Hot Dogs


Strange times call for strange meals.  But some strange meals are so bloody tasty you wonder why you don't have them regularly.  Perhaps this current situation will change our eating habits for good.

The other day for instance we had hotdogs for our lunch.  Tasty and simple with two types of sausages, the ones above for me and some Cumberland style sausages for Alan.



I  line my baking tin with foil when I'm cooking meaty and a non-meaty things together so that they don't touch or any leaking fat doesn't mingle with my non-meaty offering. 


Perhaps you can see the divider better in this photo.




I simply cooked a couple of medium onions in a dash of oil and a pinch of salt for ten minutes, as the sausages cooked quietly in the oven and than we had them all on buns from the freezer spread with lots of tomato ketchup.

So very tasty that I totally forgot to photograph the finished article!!  Hopefully I'll remember to cook these again.


Sue xx


8 comments:

  1. It sounds really delicious. Sometimes the simpler things are the best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I'm loving onions cooked nice and slow to caramelise slightly rather than being fried at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I like the Good Life beanburgers but haven't tried the sausages yet. I definitely will try them if I can find them when I next brace the shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were really nice, soft but tasty.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any Good Life sausages but they look tempting and I do like a hotdog with onions :) Must look for some when I can....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think good onions are the best bit about a hotdog or burger on a bun :-)

      Delete
  4. Hotdogs and fried onions, food for the Gods and a lovely quick luncheon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.