Tuesday 2 June 2020

New Challenge Coming Up


There's a new Challenge coming next week.

I've been racking my brains thinking of what to do next, after all lockdown is or should be the perfect time to do a few Challenges.  This new one came quite organically with something I spotted on Facebook and the sudden thought that ... THAT IS IT!!

So the thing I need as the main component part of the Challenge is ordered and should be arriving next week, and then the Challenge will begin.  

Before that I am not going to let the cat out of the bag.


📚📚📚

In the meantime I thought I would share how The One Hundred Books Challenge is going, not very well if I'm honest.   I am only up to 23 books read which works out at an average of around 5 per month, and I should be aiming for 8 books a month if I want to get to the magic 100 by the end of the year.

But I'm not going to cheat and find skinny little books or say I've read them when I haven't.  To qualify as a book read my rules (the ones in my head) say that I have to read almost all of a book before I give up.  So a couple have been started and gone straight into the car boot sale box while I ask myself  'what on earth was I thinking getting that one?' ... and they don't get counted.

It is interesting to go slowly and surely through my bookcase of possibles and have a good read, and I do have to admit to a few new ones creeping in via Amazon Prime  😉

To have a look at the books I have read up to now over the last five months see here -


So of the twenty three books I have read up to now, fifteen of them have gone into the car boot sale box to be sold and the remaining eight have gone onto the bookshelf of books that I will keep.  It's a brilliant  way of whittling down the stock  😃


Sue xx







15 comments:

  1. Intrigued now and eager to know . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am a bit mean aren't I .......

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what your challenge is. Can't say I am doing very well with reading currently, I have had a book on the go for about 4 weeks. Definately one to go. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been carrying my latest one up to bed with me every night and brining it back down each morning unread. I MUST stop playing around on my phone instead of reading!!

      Delete
  3. Oh you are such a tease!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually a voracious reader and with just a tiny bit of effort could make the 100 books challenge - and I thought quarantine would be an ideal time to get so many ticked off the list - HAH!! I've gone to the complete opposite end of things and have almost completely lost my reading mojo. Trying to discipline myself to get off YouTube/Netflix and back to reading!!
    Looking forward to hearing about the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly, it's my reading mojo that's missing. I take my book and my phone up to bed every night and then get so caught up on Facebook, Instagram et al that by the time I want to read I can no longer keep my eyes open ... and it's after midnight.

      Delete
  5. I too am intrigued and looking forward to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be kicking off by the middle of next week, I will let you in on the fact that it is food related. There, I've already said too much!!

      Delete
  6. I love your challenges, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm itching to started, I just have to wait for something to arrive 🙂

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to the new challenge.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, it feels like ages since the last proper Challenge.

      Delete
  8. When I was very young I worked for Bemis Bag Co and that was in the US! Seeing that brought back some memories!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.