Monday 22 June 2020

Living on a Box - Day Eleven


Breakfast - Granola and Almond Milk

Eaten at the computer ... gosh that could have been disastrous!!


Lunch - Hummus and Salad Bun

With a bit of extra lettuce that didn't fit on and extra cucumber slices eaten whilst I was making the bun ... and the obligatory black coffee 😃


Dinner - No Chick Strips and Pasta 

I added spinach, frozen peas and some grated cheese to the pasta sauce again and cooked it all in the oven for 30 minutes just like last night.  But this time instead of having the full 100g serving of pasta that I've been allowing myself all week, I just had 85g as I remembered how filling last nights tea was and knowing that I had the addition of the No Chick strips ... which incidentally are pretty tasty ... I knew this would be more than enough.


There's been more than one box being dealt with this week!!

Although I'm doing this Challenge and haven't really needed any shopping for the last two weeks, I still went to Tesco with Alan.  Partly for the ride out and change of scenery and partly so that we could each pick up five tins of tuna for Ginger.  Some things are still slightly limited to each customer in store, and tinned fish in our Tesco is one of them.  Ginger eats a tin a day, shared slightly with the dogs in the mornings as he doesn't like wet cat foods of any description, (he also has a bowl of various dried cat foods available to him at all times), so every time we go shopping me and Alan get a trolley each and we each buy our own food plus Ginger's tuna, meaning we've been able to keep the stocks just above what he needs.

  Because I didn't actually need any shopping of my own whilst I have been Living on a Box I thought this would be a good time to start a mini Brexit stash ... without feeling too guilty about buying extra foods. 


So over the course of the last two shopping trips I have bought 8 tins of tomatoes (they are on offer 4 for £1), some tinned chickpeas, tinned lentils, 4 packs of passata, a couple of garlic purees, a couple of tomato purees, a couple of jars of pesto, a jar of mayonnaise, some stock powder and two packs of spaghetti.  From the cupboard at home I added a bag of brown rice and a pouch of turmeric to the box to fill the remaining space, and now it is packed in a box of it's own.

A nice little emergency stash to start me off which is now sealed and labelled and will come with me when I go back to the Van.



Sue xx
📦


12 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea when you will be able to go back to the van, Sue?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early indications are 4th July as the Van is in England. But it depends on Welsh travel restrictions of course ... but we do have Alan's travel permission documents 😄

      Delete
  2. Your ‘emergency box’ just looks like a normal store cupboard to me 🙂.
    If everyone had that sort of sensible stock in their kitchen (under the bed, under the stairs, in the garage) then we might not have seen all the panic stocking up in March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes really it is just a mini version of my store cupboards both here and at the Van. So really it is just a box of extras 😃. I might do a couple of them eventually. Everything in this one is dated late 2021 or 2022 I should write the date on the box 😁

      Delete
  3. I've been buying a lot extra lately too. Last years Brexit box was brilliant as the panic buying kicked in. So that been replaced and more things added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of your posts that made me think to do this 😃

      Delete
  4. I think we will need it. Just topping mine up again after lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I have a few boxes of packets and tinned foods and stack them in dated order it will be a good little emergency store.

      I must remember to get some peanut butter to add to a box next time I'm out as then I have the makings of hummus ... I could live happily on hummus :-)

      Delete
  5. I am going to re-start my Brexit box as when everything was out of stock I used a lot of the last emergency box. Some people were laughing at me when I first started it, I was so glad of it at the begining of lockdown. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody will laugh in future will they!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I thought so, I'm obviously not going to go mad but a little back up stash is a good idea 🙂

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.