Wednesday 24 June 2020

Living on a Box - Day Thirteen



Breakfast - Peanut Butter on  Toast with Apple Slices and Almonds

Today I ate the last of the almonds, as well as having them with a couple of my breakfasts they have been a good little snack when I've needed something to nibble on with my morning or afternoon cup of coffee.  There's been a lot of  'last ofs' over the last couple of days which is only to be expected I guess with such a limited amount of food 🤣  


As I got the piece of frozen bread out for my toast I double checked there were still two slices left in the bag for tomorrows lunch - there were, phew!!


Lunch - Baked Potato with Butter and Cheese

No zapping this potato in the microwave, this was cooked long and slow in the oven for maximum flavour and it was delicious and very filling.


Dinner - Hummus Pasta with Peas and Spinach

Why have I never thought to use hummus as a pasta sauce before, this was delicious.  I simply drained the pasta through a colander catching some of the cooking water in a mug, and then tipped the tub full of hummus into the pan to warm through, thinning it down slightly with some of the saved pasta water as it heated through until it was a nice coating consistency.  Then the pasta was tipped back into the pan to heat up again in the sauce.

Another very successful days food.



Sue xx
📦



10 comments:

  1. I always feel hungry after seeing your photos. Time for another coffee, I guess.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much coffee :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't know why I have never thought to do this before. It's delicious, and doesn't really taste like hummus, it tasted more like a cashew pasta sauce that I have had in the past.

      Delete
  3. I need to try Vegan cheese I think, Sue, because I love a crispy jacket and cheese and the dairy stuff seems to be affecting me. Your pasta looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you normally like a mild cheddar cheese the Violife Original Block cheese when grated tastes just like this. They do all different types of 'cheese' in the range, and I seem to like most of them. The 'Feta' style one is delicious on salads and pizzas. I like Violife best as the cheeses are coconut oil based and not soya, which affects me slightly.

      Delete
  4. All your food looks so visually appealing and healthy. I am going to look at Violife as I also don't suit soya too much. Do you buy your peanut butter or make it? Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy my peanut butter, I don't have a powerful enough blender to make it.

      Delete
  5. Thankfully I've just finished breakfast as your meals always look so delicious:) Oh I haven't had a baked potato for quite a while, perfect weather here at the moment, we have had one of our coldest mornings today with a low of 7 degrees, high will be 21 which is perfect weather for me:) I've really been very impressed with this challenge Sue, mind you I think that about all your challenges:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I have a baked potato I wonder why I don't eat them more often. I should have at least one a week on my menu. What's not to love, you just chuck it in the oven for a couple of hours and forget about it. And no pans to wash up ... except maybe a pan for baked beans 😄

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.