Friday 19 June 2020

Living on a Box - Day Eight - Midway Musings



So yesterday was the halfway mark of the two week Challenge, so I thought I would check through all my remaining food. 

1.  To make sure that the things I have left are still in good condition ... and

 2. That I have enough to last me until the end of the Challenge.

As you can see the fruit and vegetables are still looking good.  I have been careful each time I have made a meal to use the squishiest tomato or the softest onion etc and this way the best have been saved until last.


Once checked over, the fresh vegetables and the apples were straight back into the fridge salad drawer carefully wrapped once more.


This is what's left out on the worktop.

I seem to have planned this out a bit weirdly as I have had one pasta meal during the first week and I have FOUR to look forward to this second week.  It's a good job I love pasta!!


And this is the fridge shelf.


The freezer is looking good.

2 x Chilli Mince
3 x  Pasta Sauce
3 x Hummus
1 tub x Cooked Chickpeas
2 Chick Strips
10 slices and 1 crust of Bread 
1 Bread Bun
Half a bag of Frozen Peas
2/3 bag of Spinach
2/3 of a Banana
and a little bag of trimmings and peelings.


Of course some of these are being used for todays food.


Breakfast - Granola and Almond Milk



Lunch - Hummus with 2 slices of Toast and 1 Carrot

Yummy ... and so filling!!


Dinner - Pasta Bake with Peas

I forgot to sprinkle cheese on top, but it was still delicious.



Sue xx
📦



10 comments:

  1. It's going so well, isn't it? You sounds as if you're really enjoying yourself too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a bit of a thought provoker this one, and of course being in lockdown, with nowhere to go, our company needing only Alan to work and not too much for me to do outside I 've had the time to do it properly, which has made it all the more enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. 3 fantastically healthy meals. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All tasty too, the granola is nice as long as I don't leave it sitting in the milk for too long. If I do the little apple pieces go a weird texture.

      Delete
  3. Sue I sent you a private message on facebook but you haven't seen it, please check

    ReplyDelete
  4. There appears to be lots of food left, should be enough to last you challenge times. The pasta meal looks so nice, shame I can't eat pasta. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it planned out so that what's left should just about cover every meal. And I even have a spare apple and lots of little biscuits left :-)

      I would be heartbroken if I couldn't eat pasta. Can you eat alternative pastas ... rice pasta, lentil pasta or any of the other gluten free varieties?

      Delete
  5. An inspiration when it comes to planning, Sue! Loving this challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going well, thanks to all the planning 😄

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.