Monday 31 August 2020

Thank You for All the Coffees


Thank you to all those of you have donated to the Ration Challenge.  

By sponsoring me to take this food Challenge on 13th - 19th September eating the same food for one week that the refugees in the Syrian camps eat week in week out we have between us managed to raise the amazing amount of £1,322.57 as of this morning.

Once again we have burst through the target I had set myself, that of feeding eight refugees for an entire year, indeed we are less than £70 away from feeding yet another person for a whole year.  The figures humble me, both the amount we are raising AND the amount of money that is spent on food to feed a person for a whole year.  After Saturdays post you 'took me out for so many coffees' that once again the total amount rose and rose.  I am all coffee'd and cake'd out ... thank you 😃

As someone well used to doing Challenges where I feed myself for a week for the price of seven cups of filter coffee, or Challenges where I live on just £1 a day for a week or a month, or as I once did for almost a year, I know that living on half this amount would just not be healthy in any shape or form, and  I should imagine it is only through the resourcefulness of these amazing people that they and their families survive at all.  A fact I learned the other week is that the average length of time spent in the Syrian refugees camps is a shocking 17 years.  Seventeen years!!

I am humbled to be taking part once again in the Ration Challenge and even more humbled at your continued support of me and I really do not have the words to thank you enough.

So just for one minute let's let someone else speak.







Thank you for your support.


Sue xx



4 comments:

  1. Well done - that's all. As we say, you can't change the world but you can change one person's world. You and your co-fundraisers are changing several worlds and that is the best thing ever.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome!!! Thank you for bringing attention to the plight of refugees. It is such a beautiful example of what we can do to help other people with a little good will, love, and practicality. If we all did something so kind, can you imagine the ripple effect? We'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my goodness, that video, that dear woman at the end wiping away a tear, boy that got me, I wish I had the courage to do what you are doing if I had a hat I would take it off to you ,would a sock do ? Good luck for that week, Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our oldest son has a friend who is working in the refugee camps in Greece. She updates us every so often on how things are going. I can not believe that the average stay is 17 years. My heart bleeds for them.

    You go girl.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.