Friday 7 August 2020

Team Vegan Squad ... and the Support of Others


I think I mentioned on another post that for this years Ration Challenge I have joined a team.  It's just a virtual team, we can't actually meet up but we do chat on Facebook Messenger and keep in touch with ideas etc.

The benefits of joining a team hit your larder straight away as you are able to use all of the spices that both you and your team mates have chosen during your Ration Challenge week.  I have chosen to use Cumin again this year as it worked out so well last year,  and as you can see from my nifty labelling my teammates have chosen -

Turmeric
Chilli Powder
Paprika
Garlic Powder
and 
Ground Cinnamon.


And you also get a small milk allowance ... just 210mls ... which is a surprisingly small amount.  It just about covered my morning Weetabix when I tried it out for size.  I think I'll use it to make some rice pudding with my rice allowance.

A huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored me since the last post, as you can see the list of names on the sidebar is growing rapidly.  Each and every pound makes such a difference to the lives of refugees and I am finding it very moving how generous you are all being.


And you are very welcome to go over and have a look at the new, much higher total and read some of the lovely messages I am being sent.

Thank you again.


Sue xx




6 comments:

  1. Just look at all those spices to add excitement to your meals. Wow that is very little milk.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's only a small amount. Those that are having it in their tea will run out quickly, but as I don't drink tea I thought some rice pudding might be nice for breakfast one morning ☺️

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow - you can make a tasty curry with that range of spices. Excellent.
    I'm so glad the fund raising is going well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We worked out a good range of spices between us 😃. I am amazed at everyone's generosity, it's very humbling ♥️

      Delete
  3. I've just checked your Fundraising page and you are now at 82% wow that is absolutely fantastic. Great range of spices:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how it's climbed up so quickly, I am very grateful to everyone that is supporting me both with money and with some of the lovely comments I've been getting.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.