Tuesday 4 August 2020

Reading on a Wet Day and Setting Myself a New Target


After the glorious sunshine of the last few days ... were we really sat outside drinking wine and putting the world to rights until it went dark only a couple of days ago ... today is chilly and wet.  

The doggy walk this morning was followed by a brisk towel down for Suky and a nice cup of coffee and a slice of toast for me, and gave me the chance to start properly reading through my Ration Challenge Resource Pack while the rain pounded down on the caravan roof making this little home seem like the perfect safe haven.

The pack contains so much useful and fascinating information and also so much that makes me feel very privileged to have been born where I was born, in the time I was born.  Why is the human race so cruel to it's fellow members, will peace on earth and just allowing people to live their lives EVER be a thing.

Anyway there's not really that much I can do is there ... but I have to be positive ... and I will be doing everything in my power to try to help a few peoples existence be just that little bit better in the next few months.  If it takes me living out of the teeniest, tiniest box and being experimental with the food I have been given then I am doing it.


The reading went well, and as I went through the booklets I photographed the pages so I will be sharing some of them with you over the next few days.  You could of course sign up yourself and receive your own box of food and resource pack.  If you do please let me know and we can support each other through this.


The back of the Toolkit booklet just jumped out at me. 


 Living in these conditions for so long and now Covid-19 on top of everything else!!



After much deliberation I decided to up my target.

It's not just about me earning little extras to put in with my rations it's about feeding people.  

Last year with the help of friends, blog readers and family I managed to raise £780.90, which worked out at just a smidge under being able to feed five refugees for a whole year.  Gosh some people spend this much on a months shopping or a quiet Christmas!!

This year I have decided to up my target to £942, as it says above in a quote from the booklet, this is enough to feed an average refugee family for a year.  That works out at just 43p per day per person.  No challenge I have ever done has seen me be able to manage that sort of subsistence living.

I am humbled and determined.

If you can help in any small way, and I believe the minimum donation the page can accept is £2 then please do.  If you don't have the funds available then please don't feel bad, you being here reading my words and inspiring me to carry on is help enough and I thank you for that.

But if you can help financially then here is my fundraising page link, where you can also see my new total, read the inspiring messages from my friends, blog readers and family and read the little snippets of news that I put into the sidebar along with photos.



Sue xx


4 comments:

  1. I just checked out your total so far Sue, it's shooting up! Well done 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking really good isn't it, thanks to everyone's generosity. xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic to see how much money you've raised so far Sue:) I have no doubt you will reach this total xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going really well, fingers crossed I can reach the new total, it seemed a bit greedy to up it ... but I needed to for my own peace of mind.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.