Friday 21 August 2020

Challenge One 2020 - The One Hundred Books Challenge - Update




Some of you might remember that right at the start of this year I set myself a year long Challenge to read 100 books in a year.  The link above will take you to that post.

  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy I thought to myself, that's just one 'readable book' and one recipe book a week ... I can do that no problem.

Ha!!

And THIS LINK will take you to the regularly updated list of books that I have read.

I am not doing that well am I  ... I am up to book number 29!

I thought I would be reading more, especially when lockdown hit, but it seems not.  I can't explain it, I used to always be found with my nose in a book.  Now I can pick up a book meaning to read for a while and get distracted far too easily.  It seems I need to relearn to focus more intently, perhaps read more books that really call out to me or are recommended.


At the moment I am reading this, and it's a nice easy read so it will be one more ticked off my list by the end of the weekend.

Only 71 to go then!!

*** *** *** *** ***


In Ration Challenge News 

I got an email the other day from Eric , see it below.   They announced a Flash Fundraising Award thingy on Facebook and luckily for me some of my donations came in just at the right time to earn me the choice of two teaspoons of coffee or sugar to be used at any time during Ration Challenge Week.

Of course I chose coffee  😁

What a lovely treat that will be at some time, I think I will save it for when I really need it.  And of course I will say it again, THANK YOU so very much for the amazing amount of money you have donated up to now.

Here is my Fundraising Page

and

My Team Fundraising Page


Sue xx



 
Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for your amazing fundraising efforts!  

This is just a quick email to confirm that your fundraising during the flash reward has earned you 2 tsp of instant coffee OR sugar that you can enjoy during your Ration Challenge, and to say thank you for really going above and beyond. 

And if you haven’t already, don’t forget to thank everyone who helped you earn this reward.

Thanks again!

Eric
The Ration Challenge Team





7 comments:

  1. May I recommend The woman who went to bed for a year by Sue Townsend , I found it a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to read that last year and just couldn't get into it at all, it went into the car boot sale box. I used to love books by Sue Townsend as well.

      Delete
    2. I wonder if I enjoyed it so much because at that time doing just that had great appeal to me :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh, the coffee will taste so good on the couple of days that you just might need that pick up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.