Tuesday 22 September 2020

Getting Back to Normal



The first few days after a Challenge like the Ration Challenge can always seem a bit weird, there's no way you can throw yourself straight into just 'getting back to normal'.  There's quite a bit of guilt in the simple fact that we can go back to normal.  We can fill up the fridge with tasty foods, restock the cupboards, eat what, how much and when we choose too.

This year like last I am just slowly coming out of the Challenge and changing things back over the course of this week, although not everything will be changing back, I will never buy another flatbread for instance or a shop made falafel.  Of course the first thing to come back was coffee, then I had a pint of cider with my tea on Sunday night ... it's easy here at the Park to nip round to the club armed with a pint pot and pick up a drink to take back to the Van  😀

I bought two gorgeous big juicy lemons to slice and pop into the freezer.


That's my morning drink sorted out for the next week or so.

Yes still hot water ... but  post Challenge hot water with lemon.  And of course after it's flavoured the hot water, the lemon goes into a glass and is kept in the fridge for the rest of the day to flavour my glasses of tap water.  Those of you who have read for a while know this habit of mine well.

We had to call to Lancaster yesterday so while I was there I took advantage of being near a Marks and Spencer and used my last three lots of vouchers to pay for some food.  I got a nice yellow-stickered Sweet Pepper Katsu Curry for my tea.  Tasty but very spicy, and the best bit was the ease of cooking it and the minimal pots it created.

It's been a little Challenge that I set myself and has been ongoing for a while but very intermittently ... I'll share if anyone's interested.  It's not yellow sticker shopping, it's just a little four part Challenge with the last part leading into my next Challenge for this blog.  Two parts of it are now complete and the next will possibly be done tomorrow.

But I guess if anyone is interested I could share the photos and a bit of waffle, you all know I'm good at waffling.  😆🤣



Sue xx



24 comments:

  1. Well done for completing the ration week challenge. You did amazing! Yes, do share your other challenges, we are always interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always interested in your challenges so I'm looking forward to what's next.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I bet that curry was lovely, it looks delicious.

    Please, please share the photos and waffle away!! I just LOVE your challenges, Sue. And again...very well done on the amazing total raised in your Ration challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty, very spicy but tasty, the only thing I'm not keen on really is the edamame beans, I've never been a fan of those. Thank you so much for your support during the Challenge.

      Delete
  4. I love your challenges. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. I love doing them, I like to be made to think a bit harder about doing quite basic things.

      Delete
  5. Your challenges always spur me on to make small changes to our eating habits.
    Please continue to share them.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's how we learn through life isn't it, picking up things here and there, it's taken me a long time to know what I know ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hurrah, I’m able to comment again!
    My seeming lack of interest in your posts was because Google shut me out of commenting
    for months. I've continued to read your posts throughout.
    The above comment was to see if I could.
    Very well done in succeeding with the challenge.
    I fancy trying flatbreads, falafels and rissoles.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps this is the same problem that my Mum has been having, she's not been able to comment all this year for some reason. I'm glad you persevered :-)

      Thank you for being there supporting me during the Challenge and yes, you have to try homemade flatbreads and falafels they are a gamechanger and so simple to make.

      Delete
  7. I can hardly wait to read what your next challenge is and what has lead up to it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be three bitty bits and then the fourth will lead into a Challenge ... yes I am a tease!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Faith, and well done on your amazing Ration Challenge total. Absolutely brilliant xx

      Delete
  9. Your challenges are something to look forward to, I am no good at that sort of thing so I enjoy reading yours, getting out of bed in the mornings is a challenge for me !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh it would be for me too if I didn't have a Pug that is a very annoying noise maker. She 'accidentally' rolls around catching her nails on the wall, sneezes and snuffles, and then shakes over and over so her collar and tags rattle at me. She wins, I usually admit defeat and get up and feed her :-)

      Delete
  10. bring on the waffle, it's interesting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ... permission to waffle granted ;-)

      Delete
  11. That curry looks yummy! Now you have me googling flatbread and falafel recipes! I enjoy all of your posts - on this website and your other! Keep it up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.