Friday 31 July 2020

The Grand Unboxing of My Ration Pack


It's here 😃

 My Ration Challenge pack arrived just before I left home in Wales and headed via Mum's in Manchester back to the Van near Garstang, and back to my Van Life after a few days babysitting the chickens and Ginger while Alan worked down South.

I quickly did an unboxing video and left it uploading while I got myself sorted out, and here for your delight and delectation ... as some famous presenter used to say, I forget which one ... are my delightful Mancunian tones talking you through the contents of the box.



I then weighed out the additional things I'm allowed, the flour and rice from the vouchers, my sardine replacement 120g of extra red lentils and then bagged everything up ready to bring to the Van.  Even if I end up travelling with my food it's not going to take up much room in the car is it, so it will easily be transportable.

Thank you so much to everyone who has so very kindly sponsored me already.  I know it's still early but it is so good to see the level of sponsorship rising and to know that we are between us doing something so worthwhile.


and


At the time of writing this I was at number 68, but as you can imagine we all move up and down like little yoyos.  I am in team Vegan Squad on the Team Leaderboard and obviously under my own name on the individual one.


Sue xx







8 comments:

  1. What immediately strikes me Sue is not the quantity of food for a week, but how bland and boring it would be. We have the luxury of full larders and fridges and gardens full of veg to add to those ingredients to make them palatable - a refugee doesnt. We're not well off by any means (and we've had a financially difficult couple of months, hence why I can't sponsor you until next week), but in comparison with those refugees we're wealthy indeed and so very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are aren't we.💕

      It's going to be my job to make that food as interesting and varied as possible to thank all my sponsors and entertain them via this blog 😬

      Delete
  2. It truly is an appalling contrast, isn't it? As Sooze said - we are so very fortunate. We (generic) think we are hard done by if there's no pasta, flour and loo rolls on the shelves.
    Makes you think hard.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does doesn't it Joy.

      Thinking back just a couple of months lots of us were up in arms at our inability to get hold of spaghetti, flours and loo rolls, mostly forgetting that we had a myriad of other food items still in our fridges, freezers and cupboards.

      Delete
  3. My donation seems to got through, had some hickups because I'm not in Uk...
    Thank you for doing this (I'm a grandchild of refugees)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I haven't received an email yet telling me, but I can see it on my Ration Challenge fundraising page. You will have family knowledge of what they went through, so you will know how much good a Challenge like this can do both for fundraising and raising awareness of the plight of refugees all over the world. I am honoured to be taking part.

      Thank you again. xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you Sue for doing this challenge as it's a reminder to many of us just how extremely fortunate we are. I can't help but add how I loved listening to you as you unpacked your box, awww just lovely. I think I've mentioned this before you sound exactly like my cousin Susan from Flixton/Urmston♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had this conversation when I unboxed last years Ration Pack. I was born in Urmston and brought up in Old Trafford Manchester ... it's a small world (AND we are both called Susan) :-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.