Tuesday 28 July 2020

Reaching Another Level



Wow!!

What can I say ... except a massive THANK YOU.

Already your wonderful sponsorship has winged me past the level of earning salt for the Challenge and now I am well on my way to the next level.  It seemed only right to sit little 'Happy Man' next to the salt for the photo, as I was doing a little happy dance myself  😁


If I reach £250 I will be able to add a vegetable up to 170g in weight to my little Ration Challenge larder.  And if I get there I have decided that the same as last year, I will choose onion.  You just get so much more flavour in foods with some gently sautéed onion don't you.


I promised you a peek into my little Ration Challenge notebook if I reached the next level didn't I, so here you are.


I pulled up some of the posts from last year's Ration Challenge blog  posts, copied out the recipes and printed them out.


A bit of Prit Stick later and they were all firmly stuck in my book, ready for referring to if I end up as brain fogged as I did last year.


Dhal ... the recipe that kept me going last year, I will definintely be using most of my red lentils to make it again this year.

I have just had an email to say that my Ration Pack box has been sent out to the Royal Mail, so it could be here in a couple of days.  Then suddenly it will all seem so much more real, would you like another little YouTube film of me opening it?

Again a massive thank you to all those of you who have already sponsored me and offered your support via the comments.  If you missed yesterdays post, once again -

Here is my fundraising page.

And the link will remain at the top of the sidebar until the end of the Ration Challenge.  I have also added a list of the sponsors up to now and I will add to this with each new donation.  They are in no particular order and if I have missed anyone off please give me a big nudge  😃


Sue xx




9 comments:

  1. Well done Sue, I'll sponsor you on pay day! Agreed seasoning like salt and an onion can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania, there's no rush, the Challenge doesn't kick off properly for a few weeks yet. I'm in nice and early this year after last years last minute deciding to do it rush. Gosh without salt and a vegetable this would be dreadful :-(

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you did YouTube films. What do I look for, please?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share them on here when I make them, then after a while I make them private. A film will pop up on here in the next couple of days :-)

      Delete
  3. Great that you have salt and are well on the way to having an onion.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was such a relief when yes, I did get my onions :-)

      Delete
  4. Well done Sue I can see you've now reached your next level and now have an onion♥ Great idea to make the little reference book from last year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copying out the recipes has given me a bit of security in case I get a bit of the brain fog I suffered from last year ... and I have no doubt that I will ;-)

      Delete
  5. I came on here after doing my click and collect shopping with Morrisons and feel very humbled when reminded of the contents of the ration box. I am trying to cut back on grocery spending and was doing fine until my son had another seizure and messed up his face and has broken his collar bone so he is staying with us for a while, so more food and treats on the list, I showed him your challenge and he added £5 to my donation, he was trying to work out what he would make with the meagre amount of food so we all joined in and found it hard to think of ways to make it appetising. You are inspirational in all your challenges but this one especially, good luck, ( Chrissie and Robert )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.