Wednesday 29 July 2020

Looking Around for Inspiration


As well as the recipes that I have saved from last years Ration Challenge I am also taking this pre-Ration Challenge time to have a look around for other inspiration.

Last year I signed up late to the challenge and only just managed to get my ration pack in time so I did not have the luxury of advance time to plan and prepare.  It was only my years of doing personal challenges along with the times I did the Live Below the Line Challenge that helped me get through and gave me the inspiration to try things like Kidney Bean Dip and Flatbreads.


This year I have the time to pick up ideas from the Facebook group and a few other sources.  

Someone shared this YouTube clip yesterday and it seems like quite a good idea if I want to use some of my red lentils this way.  I might have a bit of a practice and see if they as nice as they sound.  There's also something similar with chickpeas ... time for a bit of clip watching methinks.



Thank you everyone for all your support up to now - YOU ARE STARS!!

And a massive THANK YOU to the two donations that came in since I was on the computer last night.  I have decided this morning that any Anonymous donations will have the amount donated listed next to them on the sidebar list, so that if you wish to do it this way you can see that your donation has been received and acknowledged, as well as the thank you email you should get from Concern Worldwide.


Sue xx



6 comments:

  1. All the pre challenge research is part of the fun of it all, isn't it? It's great to be so creative with minimal ingredients. I shall take a look at that clip - lentil flatbreads sound lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like having the luxury of being able to plan and practice this year, as you say it part of the fun.

      The lentil flatbreads look really easy, and will be full of protein so a good thing for keeping a full tum for longer. I wonder what they would be like shredded and fried to go with rice, my brain is buzzing with ideas.

      Delete
    2. I've just made a small batch. They're more pancakey than bready but are really tasty. Shredded in rice would be nice, I think, or to mop up some dahl or some hummus or just with something spread over or fry some onions, add some kidney beans, mash them down a bit and use them as a sort of quesadilla.
      I added some salt, pepper and a bit of cajun spice. I think salt, at least, just a tiny bit, would help the flavour whether they are used for sweet or savoury.
      Happy experimenting!
      xx

      Delete
    3. Ooh brilliant, I'm going to give them a go myself when I'm back at the Van. It sounds like they worked out just fine :-)

      Delete
  2. I think that this time around because of the extra time you have, your meals will be very different.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But there will definitely be dhal and hummus ... and most likely falafels They were little life savers last year, and even with limited ingredients they were delicious 😃

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.