Tuesday 3 December 2019

Challenge Eight - The £19.25 One Shop Challenge


I used the last of the lettuce from the Challenge this afternoon in my lunchtime sandwich.  It just made me think of the Challenge and what, if anything, I had left now a week after finishing.

Since the Challenge ended I have used up the last of the vegan mayo, made soup out of the onion and the peelings that were stashed in the freezer.  I have 4 Weetabix left in the jar and half of the tub of dairy free spread, which will be used up later as I intend to make some scones and biscuits with some flour I found in the cupboard during my tidy up ready to leave the Van for the Winter.

The pasta sauce and penne pasta is now all gone after a few lovely tomatoey meals and that is it.  This week I've spent my evenings watching Christmassy cooking shows on television and getting myself into a festive mood, I especially like the old Jamie Oliver Christmas shows, as long as I avert my eyes while he stuffs turkeys.  

 I have so many plans whizzing round my head for next year that I am just sitting back and letting them develop.  If one morphs itself into a proper Challenge you will be the first to know.

I'm signing off from this blog now for 2019, with lots of good wishes being sent your way for a very Happy Christmas and a lovely happy and healthy New Year.  

Thank you so much for reading along and commenting during the eight Challenges of 2019, they will remain on the sidebar along with the three Challenges I did during 2018 just in case anyone wants a bit of a readathon on a cold Winters day.

All the very best.  🎄 🎅


Sue xx


12 comments:

  1. I have loved reading along with all your challenges even though I just comment now and again. Have a brilliant Christmas and a happy New Year and I will be back to read along again when you start up again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for an interesting year Sue, and for inspiring me a few times. I look forward to your new Challenges next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a great journey that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Hope all is well in Wales. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont comment much but I have enjoyed reading your challenges . Have a good Christmas and see you in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed this challenge, it certainly was food for thought for me:) Many thanks Sue for taking the time to post each day along with photos, much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you back in 2020 and I can't wait to see what your next challenge will be. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Sue, Alan, and all the fur babies♥ Take good care, keep warm and safe:) Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to those percolating challenge ideas. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the best to you aswell love all your blogs look forward to the next challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've really enjoyed reading your challenges, Sue. It's certainly given me lots to think about. Looking forward to your 2020 challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too. I have been reading along but have not posted. I wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from the other side of the pond - Seattle Washington. I am looking forward to your challenges in 2020 because they challenge me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Sue thank you for both of your blogs which I enjoy so much xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always thankyou for sharing your challenges, always interesting, have a lovely Christmas.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love what you do and I'm coping some of the ways you cook for me. I like a lot of veggies so I get plenty of those each day. Thanks so much for educating me on new ways to do things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.